Apple Cider Vinegar, or often just ACV is vinegar from cider apples, rich in enzymes, calcium and potassium.
Apple cider vinegar improves digestion through the probiotic bacteria that is created during fermentation; it lowers cholesterol and helps with insulin problems.
Furthermore ACV is good for:
- Skin conditions like acne, age spots, sun burn or cellulite
- Bad Breath and Body Odour
- Weight Loss, improves metabolism and acetic acid may help prevent fat to build up
- Diabetes – HDL will rise while triglycerides will be reduced
- High blood pressure
- Sore throat and sinus infections, it also strengthens the whole immune system
- Protection against food poisoning, helps with constipation as well as diarrhoea
- Stamina and muscle recovery after exercise
- Arthritis and gout
- yeast infections, urinary tract infections and bladder stones
- Hair – can be used as a shampoo and will help with dandruff
Keep in mind that apple cider vinegar needs to be diluted in order not to damage tooth enamel or the lining of the digestive tract. Consumed excessively it can lower potassium and bone density.