Yes the clip is in German – HOWEVER, this recipe is easy enough to follow without hearing or understanding what I say 🙂 as it is more about the technique how to make the truffle shell and how to fill the truffles with chocolate ganache.
RECIPE FOR RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG TRUFFLES
Ingredients for the Chocolate Shell
you can also use ready-made raw chocolate if you are in a hurry, just melt it gently in a bain marie (hot water bath) or in your dehydrator.
3/4 C Cacao Butter, liquid (150g)
3/4 C Raw Cacao Powder (90g)
1/4 C Agave or Honey (60g)
a pinch of Salt
Ingredients for raw vegan Chocolate Ganache
3 TBSP Agave or honey (45g)
2 TBSP Coconut Oil, liquid (30ml)
1.5 TBSP Cacao (25g)
1 TBSP Almond butter (15g)
– optional: a few drops of Orange Essence / Hazelnut Essence / Peppermint Essence
Ingredients for raw vegan Almond Butter Filling
2 TBSP almond butter
1 TBSP agave
How to prepare the chocolate truffles
1. Mix all chocolate shell ingredients thoroughly in a bowl placed on top of another bowl that is filled with hot water in order to keep the cacao butter from solidifying.
Then pour the chocolate into moulds, and use a tea spoon or a small brush to coat the walls of each mould with chocolate.
Place the mould in the freezer.
Why Cacao Butter instead of Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil? The melting point of coconut oil is so low that your chocolate would melt away at room temperature whereas cacao butter only melts at around 37 degrees Celsius (that’s why it is so great to use as body butter as well).
2. Mix the ingredients for the ganache, and the almond butter filling thoroughly.
Use a small spoon or – better – a decorating pipe to fill the moulds with the filling of your choice.
3. If you are making truffles, cover the filling with more chocolate and place the tray in the freezer once more.
If you are making Easter Eggs, or any shape that will be 2 pieces put together, there is no need to do this and you can place the tray in the freezer straight away.
4. The truffles should be hard enough to be popped out of the mould within 15 minutes or so.
Ingredients for Marzipan Eggs:
Chocolate Shell mixture from above, melted in bain marie
Take a small piece of marzipan and form it into an egg shape with your hands.
Using a spoon or fork, dip the egg into chocolate, shake off excess chocolate and place the coated egg on baking paper.
Once you are done with all your eggs, place the tray in the freezer for the chocolate to solidify quickly and get a shiny glow.